Fall sparks something in me. It makes me want to be more productive, but it’s probably just so I can drink my apple cider in a clean house and my to-do list finished so I can watch all of the fall TV season premieres. But October, specifically, has offered a lot of new things that quickly became favorites. So I just want to jump in.
Fall is amazing for beauty, because brands release new product all at once, both in the high end shops and at drugstores. And I’ve found lots that I’m into.
- Hourglass Surreal Light Palette: This isn’t the first palette in this favorites list, and I have talked about this in more detail in this post. But I’ve been using this everyday, usually more than one powder everyday. It’s such good quality, and honestly I think the price is reasonable and worth it.
- Lorac Mega Pro 3: Again, I have talked about this previously, but I wanted to include it in this list, because I have been using it to death since I got it. The pretty white packaging isn’t too pretty anymore, but the eye looks are amazing. Again, great quality.I’ve been favoring two eye looks from this. I’ll use the ‘Dusty Mauve’ shade in the crease and ‘Rose Quartz’ all over the lid with a mixture of ‘Bark’ and ‘Jet Black’ pushed along the top lash line as liner. But I’ve especially loved using this for warm smokey eyes: ‘Maple’ in the crease, ‘Pomegranate’ blended out on the outer corner and into the crease, and a mixture of ‘Cider’ and ‘Pink Bronze’ on the lid with ‘Snow’ as an inner corner highlight.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette: The final palette I’ve been loving this month. The warm colors in this are everything to me, and I feel like I get a lot of versatility with this. Like the Lorac palette, I’ve been favoring a couple of looks.The first is using ‘Buon Fresco’ in my crease and ‘Vermeer’ all over the lid, and that’s it. It’s super easy but beautiful. I also like using a mixture of ‘Raw Sienna’ and ‘Burnt Orange’ in the crease, again with ‘Vermeer’ on the lid. But my favorite recently has been using ‘Red Ochre’ all over the lid and smoked out into the crease for a red smokey eye. It really makes my blue eyes pop.
- Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith’s Rose-Mint lip balm: You can pick this little guy up at Sephora for a couple of dollars, but it’s been my go-to lip balm in the morning. I’ll apply it before I start applying makeup so my lips are moisturized and ready to go for lipstick. It’s so soft, and the mint really makes your lips feel good. The original is also bomb.
- Milk Makeup Ubame Mascara: I’m rarely blown away by a mascara, but this one was definitely a game changer for me. It gives your lashes a really natural but full appearance, and doesn’t leave them feeling crunchy. You know how some mascaras do. It doesn’t flake at the end of the day but comes off easily when I’m ready. I got a sample in my Birchbox a few months back, but I’ll definitely be repurchasing when I run out.
- Formula X Delete All: You know those nail polish removers that come in pots and have highly saturated sponges that you stick your fingers in? The ones that don’t really work too well? Well this is like except it works.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water: When I wash my face at night, I like to loosen everything with the Boscia cleansing oil and then go in with this after to remove the rest. It takes everything off. It leaves a little bit of an oily feeling afterward, but I’m usually using this before a cleanser so I don’t mind.
I’m usually the first to jump to a dark lipstick in the fall, but I’ve been enjoying a more nude (not nude, but my ease into a nude) lip recently.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lipstick in ‘Touch of Spice.’
It’s definitely a matte formula, but it isn’t overly drying and does last all day. The color is a reddish brown mauve. It’s really versatile and matches a lot of neutral looks as well as dramatic autumnal eye looks. If you’re looking for something easy, inexpensive, and diverse, check this out.
- Spin Classes: I have told myself it’s time to not only get in better shape, but just to do better things for my body. So a friend and I have started going to an early am, 45-minute spin class. They turn the lights off, light candles, and blast music. It’s really as relaxing as cardio can be, and I enjoy it…which is saying a lot, because I hate working out.
- iPhone App: Plant Nanny: I don’t drink enough water, and I recently had to go into Urgent Care and the doctor took one look at me and told me I was really dehydrated. That wasn’t why I was there, but she noticed right away. So with the want to be good to my body, I decided I needed to drink more water. It’s hard for me, because I just don’t feel thirsty throughout the day. I forget. But this app is really cute. You basically water a plant as you drink the water throughout the day by logging the ounces you consume. Being able to say my plant is happy at the end of the day is really satisfying and makes me want to follow through. You can also set up little reminders throughout the day that will pop up on your phone and remind you to take a drink.
- Quaker Sweet Chili Rice Cakes: I’ve been LOVING these. They’re sweet but spicy, and I feel less guilty about eating these than potato chips. Trust me on this one.